Tuesday 1 October 2013

Experimentation of Animation

Animation Experiments




Small Objects was mine and my groups first experiment so it was our first time photographing anything. You can tell this because throughout the short video you can see the hands of myself and Harry who was also in my group. As the cars come closer together, they start piling on top of each other and its very sudden with the movement meaning not very realistic. 



Play Dough was our second experiment where we created characters/monsters out of play dough and moved them closer together. While editing this video, I think I made the speed too fast and it goes too quickly. In the middle of the video the lighting of the pictures changes and this is because when I was taking the photos, the flash went off and so it makes it look slightly awry. There was quite big movements between each photo taken but it works quite well.



Cut Out was our third experiment and again when editing, I made the video a little too fast and so you can't see in detail what is happening. The group and I didn't make it clear what was happening/what we were aiming to achieve. Each individual image was taken at an unusual angle and not taken from birds eye view which also lets the video down slightly.






Sand was the hardest experiment for my group and I purely because we had a tough time trying to think of what to create with the sand provided and with the short amount of time we were given. We tried to show a pyramid being built then being knocked back down. The pattern created within the pyramid was not planned but I think it makes the pyramid more interesting than just a plain block.                    
    



Pixelation was our last experiment. I liked this experiment the most because it has more of a story to it and works well. I think it works well because we used the burst mode. The burst mode means that you carry on pressing the button to take a picture and it continuously takes photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment